Social Media Officer
About the role
Here at St John Ambulance we recognise the value of social media as a tool for social good. We want to engage with our supporters effectively in a way that is accessible to them and continue to grow the impact of our social channels.
We’re looking for a highly creative and passionate Social Media Officer with a real talent for community management, excellent copywriting skills and an eye for high-quality, compelling content.
This is a very hands-on roll; you will be responsible for implementing the organisation’s social media strategy across all social platforms, collaborating and generating ideas on projects large and small. Reporting into the Social Media Manager, and sitting within the External Communications and Engagement team, you’ll work collaboratively with departments across the organisation to co-create and populate national social media feeds with a steady stream of highly engaging, platform-optimised content for our external audiences.
- You’re an avid user of social media
- You have a proven track record of providing strong and successful creative direction for social content
- Your copywriting skills are demonstrably inspirational, turning good intentions into decisive action
- You have extensive community management experience with a national brand or non-profit
- You’re passionate about the potential of using social media for social good and achieving meaningful impact through digital channels
- You are confident using social media scheduling and analytics tools including Hootsuite and native channels
- Experience of creating multimedia content is a bonus
St John Ambulance is a large charity made up of over 20,000 employees and highly trained volunteers. Our volunteers provide first aid in their communities, keep people safe at events, and work alongside the NHS in response to 999 calls. We’re always campaigning to raise awareness of first aid and to directly educate the public. Every year, over 500,000 people learn how to save a life through our first aid training. The External Communications and Engagement team is a central part of the organisation and has a vital job in telling our stories and making communities safer. We're looking ahead to the next chapter for St John Ambulance, so you’ll be joining the charity at an exciting time.
You will receive; Competitive salary, fantastic pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, health and wellbeing portal, access to discounts portal including gym discounts, high street stores and restaurants and access to our confidential assistance programme.
Interview Date: 08/22/07/2019
Application Review Date: 19/07/2019
We may review applications before the Application Review Date, however, if you apply after the Application Review Date, your application may not be considered. We will accept applications until we have successfully filled the role
If you are a current St John Ambulance employee, please apply here: Click here
For all other candidates, or SJA volunteers wishing to apply, please click here